Posted to users@maven.apache.org by djeddyg <ed...@mredd.co.uk> on 2009/03/09 13:54:39 UTC

How do I package (and then re-unpackage) SQL files as an artifact?

Hi,

I have created a 'database' pom which uses exec-maven-plugin to
automatically build our Database, my SQL files all reside under
<pomroot>/src/main/resources/db so exec-maven-plugin looks to this location
when executing sqlplus e.g. sqlplus user/password@schema
@<pomroot>/src/main/resources/db/mysqlfile.sql

I have bound the plugin execution to the process-test-resources phase and
the Database builds perfectly when I execute mvn test for this POM, however
ultimately I want to package this POM as an artifact upon which other
'database dependant' POMs will depend and this is where I get in to
difficulty...

I have tried deploying the database pom, which has packaging set to 'pom',
as a snapshot to my local repository, when I do this it builds a jar file
containing all the sql files and deploys successfully. When I then add a
dependency on the snapshot from another POM and execute mvn test the jar is
obtained from the repository but sqlplus cannot find the sql files because
they now live in a jar rather than in a folder structure.

I'm keen to find out where other people keep their SQL files and how do they
package them up in to an artifact for other POMs to use? Is there some sort
of standard approach that I'm missing here?

It's probably worth mentioning that I have tried the sql-maven-plugin but
cannot use it since it doesn't deal with sql includes e.g. @<somesqlfile> at
all.

Many thanks,

Edd