Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ivanyiu <iv...@hkcsl.com> on 2013/12/16 11:18:06 UTC

Camel for XML/HTTP service end point

Hi all,

I'm new to Camel. Recently looking for a integration framework to implement
an API server to external party to the company.

The incoming message will be an XML/HTTP request. The server will then do
some legacy authentication process, and access other HTTP API service for
response if required to decide which route to go, then consolidate the
result and construct the XML response to the caller.

I wonder if Camel fit for this simple scenario (maybe the requirement is too
simple for camel so that it's possibly better to create my own framework) .
And I found that it's quite difficult to start with camel. I try to start a
Web project in Eclipse and include the Camel library into the project. But I
just stuck there and cannot find the correct way how to instruct camel to
receive an HTTP request with XML body, using JAXB to marshal to request the
further process it ...

The tomcat example come with  the Camel distribution just don't have a
single line of code.