Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no> on 2003/05/26 15:06:26 UTC

how to turn cache on for FormAuthenticator

Hello.

I am using JBoss+Tomcat and need to turn on the "cache authenticated
Principals" flag. Is it possible? Where can it be done?

The JAAS LoginModule are asked for password verification for existing
sessions every (ca) 15 minute. Our passwords (RSA SecurID) change every
minute so I have to turn on the cache.

 - Tore.

Re: how to turn cache on for FormAuthenticator

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
On Mon, 26 May 2003, Tore Halset wrote:

> I am using JBoss+Tomcat and need to turn on the "cache authenticated
> Principals" flag. Is it possible? Where can it be done?

I guess this comment from EmbeddedCatalinaService41.java explains it:
 /* We need to go through the context valves and set the cache flag
    on any AuthenticatorBase to false or else the JBossSecurityMgrRealm
    is not asked to authenticate every request. This can result in
    an authenticated user thread not receiving its authenticated
    Subject and this results in an authorization failure.
    */

So that cache-flag should realy be false when tomcat runs under jboss.

> The JAAS LoginModule are asked for password verification for existing
> sessions every (ca) 15 minute. Our passwords (RSA SecurID) change every
> minute so I have to turn on the cache.

So my problem has to be fixed somewhere else.

 - Tore.