Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by "Peter M. Goldstein" <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/01 18:29:40 UTC

RE: No class definition found for org.apache.mahout.math.Vector when invoking K-means example

Hi Gokul,

Using the Mahout on Amazon EC2 directions I'm able to get a little farther
than this.  Specifically, using the job file created when building the
examples I don't get any ClassNotFoundExceptions.  Instead I get an
InvalidInputException (presumably because I didn't prepare any input data
for the job).  If you provide some appropriately formatted candidate data
I'd be happy to try and run a complete test.

In my test I'm using the command line:

$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar
$MAHOUT_HOME/examples/target/mahout-examples-0.4-SNAPSHOT.job
org.apache.mahout.clustering.syntheticcontrol.kmeans.Job

Again, it's critical to build and use the examples Job file.  If I attempt
to use the core Job file instead key classes appear to be absent.

Hope that helps.

--Peter

Posted by Gokul Pillai <go...@gmail.com>.
To clarify, do the fixes relate to only Java code or is there any script in
the mahout/trunk/bin folder too?
If so, how does one get that from the repo?

Posted by Gokul Pillai <go...@gmail.com>.
Peter:

Posted by Gokul Pillai <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gokul Pillai <go...@gmail.com>.