Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/11/03 17:17:13 UTC

Re: logging options for 1.3

: Is there any way to get 1.3 Solr to use something other than java logging?

Solr 1.3 is compiled directly against the JUL logging APIs, so no.

: Am running solr inside tomcat and would like logging for solr to be directed
: to one set of (rotated) log files and leave tomcat logging in its own log files.

that should be very easy if you just configure a seperate FileHandler for
the org.apache.solr logger ...
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/util/logging/overview.html

: Also, with 1.4, I see it requires removal of jar and swapping in slf4j-log4j jar.
: Will I also have to copy in a log4j config file to the war?  Would not want to
: configure it at the tomcat server level as each app will have its own configuration.

then yes, i think you would ... but i'm not certain about that.

-Hoss