Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Arash Bijanzadeh <ar...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/04 15:14:01 UTC

What is shared jar files?

Could somebody tell me what is this myfaces-shared* files for. I tryed  to
use jenia which claims for HtmlFormRendererBase, which is in shared jar
files. But trying to include them in the WEB-INF/lib gives me lots of :

java.lang.ClassCastException:

at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.configureRenderKits(
FacesConfigurator.java:607)
--
from debian manifesto:
Debian Linux is a brand-new kind of Linux distribution.

Re: What is shared jar files?

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Arash Bijanzadeh schrieb:
> Could somebody tell me what is this myfaces-shared* files for. I tryed
> to use jenia which claims for HtmlFormRendererBase, which is in shared
> jar files. But trying to include them in the WEB-INF/lib gives me lots of :

this is somewhat confusing and has to do with the new build structure.
Basically the shared stuff is only a temporary intermediate step in the
build process and is dropped once everything is generated.
(there is some sort of intermediate refactoring state happening)

The reason for this is that in the future tomahawk, myfaces and other
subprojects can do their own release cycles without having to depend on
each other. And some of the classes are shared. In the end no shared
classes should be there in the long run, but for now we all have to live
with it.

If you do a full build you should get separate jars where all the shared
stuff is in for every subproject of myfaces (myfaces, tomahawk,
tomahawk-sandbox and soon togabo and adf)

the htmlformrenderer base should be out of the shared structure in
tomahwk and/or myfaces as soon as you have a properly built jar.
(for coding we use the shared-src jars, to avoid compile time errors)