Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Simon Dassow <ja...@area319.de> on 2002/11/18 16:37:07 UTC

[users@httpd] apache2 && ssl == broken? known issue? submit bug?

Hi All,
Regarding to the preceding discussion if php or apache is generating the
error, we found out that it's apache.
As Rasmus said, the problem occurs only if the response is keep-alive
and chunked.
Now my question if it's a known issue (found nothing on buglist) or
maybe i've done something wrong (three friends are reporting same
problems with slightly different setups).

Best regards,
Simon

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 09:19, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> In the end this has to be an Apache problem. Perhaps PHP is sending
> something unexpected, but no matter what, since you are running PHP as
> CGI there is no way that PHP should in any way be able to mess up the
> response headers in the way you are seeing. From what I can see
testing
> https://mail.linux-de.org/test/test.php it only happens on a
keep-alive
> chunked response. Non-keep-alive, non-chunked responses always work.
> Sometimes on a keep-alive, chunked response the start and end chunk
> headers are around the entire response, including the HTTP headers.
This

Re: [users@httpd] apache2 && ssl == broken? known issue? submit bug?

Posted by Simon Dassow <ja...@area319.de>.
Hi again,
so.. i've found a temporary solution:
KeepAlive Off
and it'll work.
But i'm stil waiting for reply to my bugreport.

simon

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Simon Dassow wrote:

> Hi All,
> Regarding to the preceding discussion if php or apache is generating the
> error, we found out that it's apache.
> As Rasmus said, the problem occurs only if the response is keep-alive
> and chunked.
> Now my question if it's a known issue (found nothing on buglist) or
> maybe i've done something wrong (three friends are reporting same
> problems with slightly different setups).

I haven't seen it on the bug database.  I'd go ahead and report it.  The
worst that can happen is a mild tongue-lashing for reporting a duplicate
bug ;-)

Make your report as detailed as possible.

Joshua.