Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Yann BLAZART <ya...@externe.bnpparibas.com> on 2016/01/13 14:23:56 UTC

Ignite "bugs" ?

Hello everybody.

I'm currently evaluation Ignite vs Hazelcast on a poc.

I'm facing some issues.
I'm coding some integration/unit test using the ApplicationComposer of TomEE 7.0.0. I have no problem with Hazelcast on it.

*         The first one is when I'm start Ignite in the applicationComposer (with a CDI @Produces), Ignite complain about some System.properties that are not String :

it try to "serialize" System.properties by using System.getProperties().store(new PrintWriter(sw));

In fact, TomEE (as other framework like hibernate) use System.properties to store prop objects.

So I made something to remove this properties before Ignite start and recover its after. Well. Pehraps it will be nice to change the way to "serialize" System.properties.

*         The second problem is strange, very strange. If I'm making a call to Ignite.start in @Before or using a @Inject in the test class (that use the @Produce that make the call to start(), everything is ok. But if the start is called in the @Test method (so after ApplicationComposer has made some things), Ignite is "locked".

o   Precisely in IgniteKernel.java:917  :

// Start discovery manager last to make sure that grid is fully initialized.
startManager(discoMgr);

                The call to  this method never exit.

Any idea to help me to understand ? Anybody has tried to use Ignite with EE or CDI ?

Regards

intended solely for the intended addressees and is confidential.
If you receive this message in error,or are not the intended recipient(s),
please delete it and any copies from your systems and immediately notify
the sender. Any unauthorized view, use that does not comply with its purpose,
dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited. Since the internet
cannot guarantee the integrity of this message which may not be reliable, BNP PARIBAS
(and its subsidiaries) shall not be liable for the message if modified, changed or falsified.
Do not print this message unless it is necessary,consider the environment.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur ou s'il ne vous est pas destine,
merci de le detruire ainsi que toute copie de votre systeme et d'en avertir
immediatement l'expediteur. Toute lecture non autorisee, toute utilisation de
ce message qui n'est pas conforme a sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute
publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite. L'Internet ne permettant pas d'assurer
l'integrite de ce message electronique susceptible d'alteration, BNP Paribas
(et ses filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce message dans l'hypothese
ou il aurait ete modifie, deforme ou falsifie.
N'imprimez ce message que si necessaire, pensez a l'environnement.

Re: Ignite "bugs" ?

Posted by Matt Hoffman <ma...@mhoffman.org>.
No, I understand that you can't control what other projects do, and it's
not always possible to fix bugs at their source.

I imagine the best thing for Ignite to do in this case is to iterate
through the properties and just ignore anything that isn't a String. It
wouldn't be meaningful when deserialized anyway.

RE: Ignite "bugs" ?

Posted by Yann BLAZART <ya...@externe.bnpparibas.com>.

Re: Ignite "bugs" ?

Posted by Matt Hoffman <ma...@mhoffman.org>.

RE: Ignite "bugs" ?

Posted by Yann BLAZART <ya...@externe.bnpparibas.com>.
Hello. I'm not using config file I'm using java code to configure :

   @Produces
    @ApplicationScoped
    public Ignite produceInstance() {
        LOG.info("** Prepare Ignite ");

        IgniteConfiguration config = new IgniteConfiguration();
        config.setClientMode(false);
        config.setLifecycleBeans(e -> igniteEventRaiser.fire(e));

        CacheConfiguration glblCacheConfig=new CacheConfiguration();
        glblCacheConfig.setStartSize(100*1024*1024);

        CacheConfiguration cacheConfigFeedsFlow = getCacheConfiguration(GridService.FEEDS_FLOW_MAP_KEY, feedsFlowMapStore);

        CacheConfiguration cacheConfigFeedsFlowRaw=getCacheConfiguration(GridService.FEEDS_FLOW_RAW_MAP_KEY,feedsFlowRawMapStore);

        CacheConfiguration cacheConfigFeedsFlowSource=getCacheConfiguration(GridService.FEEDS_FLOW_SOURCE_MAP_KEY,feedsFlowSourceMapStore);

        config.setCacheConfiguration(glblCacheConfig,cacheConfigFeedsFlow,cacheConfigFeedsFlowRaw,cacheConfigFeedsFlowSource);

        TcpDiscoverySpi discoverySpi=new TcpDiscoverySpi();
        TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpFinder ipFinder=new TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpFinder();
        ipFinder.setDataSource(dataSource);
        discoverySpi.setIpFinder(ipFinder);
        config.setDiscoverySpi(discoverySpi);

        TransactionConfiguration txConfig=new TransactionConfiguration();
        txConfig.setTxManagerFactory(()->transactionManager);
        config.setTransactionConfiguration(txConfig);

        Hashtable<Object,Object> backup = new Hashtable<>();
        Hashtable<Object,Object> hashtableFromSystemProperties = System.getProperties();
        Enumeration<Object> keys = hashtableFromSystemProperties.keys();
        while ( keys.hasMoreElements() ) {
            Object key =keys.nextElement();
            if ( !  (hashtableFromSystemProperties.get(key) instanceof  String) ) {
                LOG.info("*** Prepare ignite : remove {} from System.properties",key);
                backup.put(key,hashtableFromSystemProperties.get(key));
                hashtableFromSystemProperties.remove(key);
            }
        }
        Ignite ignite = Ignition.start(config);

        hashtableFromSystemProperties.putAll(backup);
        LOG.info("*** Prepare ignite : restore key into from System.properties");
        return ignite;
    }

@NotNull
    private CacheConfiguration getCacheConfiguration(String name, GenericFeedsFlowJPACacheStore<?> cacheStore) {
        CacheConfiguration config=new CacheConfiguration(name);
        config.setCacheStoreFactory(new FixedCacheStoreFactory(cacheStore));
        config.setWriteThrough(true);
        config.setReadThrough(true);
        config.setCacheMode(CacheMode.PARTITIONED);
        config.setAtomicityMode(CacheAtomicityMode.TRANSACTIONAL);
        return config;
    }

Re: Ignite "bugs" ?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yann,

I was able to reproduce the issue and created a ticket [1]. Will fix it
shortly by simply ignoring non-string properties.

I found two places that can cause issues: update checker and node
attributes. Looks like your issue was caused by the first one, it can be
workarounded by disabling the update checker. Can you try to set system
property [2] and see if it helps?

Having IvmContext in node attributes should not be a problem, because this
class is Serializable.

[2] -DIGNITE_UPDATE_NOTIFIER=false

-Val

Re: Ignite "bugs" ?

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hy Yann,

My guess it is that TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpFinder hangs on an attempt to
connect to the data source provided in its configuration. Probably your
DB is not reachable from the Ignite node or it generates an error that
is not forwarded to Ignite.
In any case a threads dump knows the answer precisely :)

In regards to System.properties related discussion. In general I'm agree
with the guys that it's not a good idea to incorporate hacks at the
level of Ignite because some other framework uses them violation Java spec.
However I've tried to put a custom objects in System.properties and
could successfully start an Ignite instance without seeing even a
warning. What version of Ignite do you use?

Regards,
Denis

RE: Ignite "bugs" ?

RE: Ignite "bugs" ?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Yann,

RE: Ignite "bugs" ?

Posted by Yann BLAZART <ya...@externe.bnpparibas.com>.
I will

Take into account that this mail list does not allow binary attachments,
 you should upload them on some public service (like dropbox or any) and provide a link.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Ignite "bugs" ?

RE: Ignite "bugs" ?

Posted by Yann BLAZART <ya...@externe.bnpparibas.com>.
I will do ASAP. I have some support case for now.

Thanks for your help :)

Regarding the System.properties, I've made my own patch in my code by filtering System.properties hashtable before calling ignite start, then I restore values... Ugly, but working.

Re: Ignite "bugs" ?

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Yann,