Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by drioux <dr...@pictorius.com> on 2001/03/18 19:44:41 UTC

Tomcat 3.2.1 / SOAP 2.0 slowdown

Hi:

In testing a SOAP application we experienced a bizarre slowdown in SOAP responses after about a week of uptime for a SOAP service (Tomcat 3.2.1; Apache SOAP 2.0).  We checked the database behind the SOAP service, but this was working fine and was responsive.  SOAP requests, however, either timed out or took an hour to complete.  And we're only talking about a few K of data here.  Restarting Tomcat did not help... re-installing Tomcat and all of the SOAP service class files did.  However, I wanted to poll to group to see if there had been any similar experiences or advice (other than finally upgrading to SOAP 2.1; we're getting there).

I don't know if this is some kind of strange caching issue or interaction with Tomcat.  Like I posted before, I wish there was a -nocache option at some point to ease the development headaches associated with having to restart (or reinstall) a server just to make sure you know what code is running with what data at the moment.

// David Rioux
// drioux@pictorius.com