Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> on 2006/05/17 14:35:28 UTC

Maven2 versus JAXB

Hello,

I followed the instructions on
https://jaxb.dev.java.net/jaxb-maven2-plugin/ without success.
On mvn -U compile i get
ERROR] BUILD ERROR
INFO]
INFO] The plugin 'com.sun.tools.xjc.maven2:maven-jaxb-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
This is with Maven 2.0.4.
There is neither com.sun.tools.xjc.maven2 nor maven-jaxb-plugin on
https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/repository,
but there are javax.xml.bind and maven-javanet-plugin.
Could i use these in an appropriate way (how?)?
My pom.xml is

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>de.isogmbh.aoo</groupId>
  <artifactId>iso-app</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>Maven Quick Start Archetype</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>java.net</id>
      <name>java.net Maven Repository</name>
      <url>https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/repository</url>
      <!-- layout>legacy</layout -->
    </repository>
  </repositories>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>jaxb</groupId>
      <artifactId>jaxb-api</artifactId>
      <version>2.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>jaxb</groupId>
      <artifactId>jaxb-impl</artifactId>
      <version>2.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>com.sun.tools.xjc.maven2</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-jaxb-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <goals>
              <goal>generate</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <source>1.5</source>
          <target>1.5</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I won't disagree with you on the "hope problems disappear" but I do
want to note that this "problem" is not Sun's fault -- its a BEA
license on this particular artifact...

Streaming API for XML (JSR-173) for JavaTM Specification ("Specification")
Version: 1.0
Release: [insert date]
Copyright 2002, 2003 BEA Systems, Inc.
2315 North First Street, San Jose CA, 95131
All rights reserved.

Wayne

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
You can use statx:stax-api it's the opensource version

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 17 May 2006, Franz Fehringer wrote:

Hello,

You perhaps missed this part in the instructions:

'Download

This plugin will be added to the Maven 2 ibiblio repository and also to
the java.net repository but we would like your feedback first.  If you
have praises or problems with this plugin please post your email by
joining the mailing list for users@jaxb.dev.java.net by registering here

In the meantime you can download the lastest plugin version from this link
and expand the .zip contents into your local %HOMEPATH%/.m2/repository
directory.'

The repository does indeed not contain the plugin, so you must download it
manually.

By the way, the repository is a Maven 1 repository, so the
<layout>legacy</layout> is needed.

If this doesn't work, you can also try the jaxb2 plugin @
http://mojo.codehaus.org/jaxb2-maven-plugin.

I wonder which one was first.. maybe the two plugins can be merged
somehow?

-- Kenney

--
Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
In that case, download and manually install the activation 1.0.2
artifact into your local repo. This seems to be your only option.

At the same, I would file a bug with the proper Java.net project so
the new Jaxb release does not depend on the old artifact(s), if
possible.

Wayne

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.
Also, in the downloaded maven-jaxb-plugin-1.0.pom

    <dependency>
      <groupId>jaxb</groupId>
      <artifactId>jsr173_api</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>

should read

    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.xml.bind</groupId>
      <artifactId>jsr173_api</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>

Is btw the ant dependency really needed?

Greetings

Franz

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.