Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Mark Imel <mi...@imelshire.com> on 2003/05/09 21:00:55 UTC

RE: Integrating Mark Imel's List Manager

Noel as far as cvs commit rights are concerned, i'm willing to accept
whatever responsibilites might be necessary, or if preferred just submit the
new source files as well as the cvs diffs for the build.xml and the
jaames-config.xml.  Either way is perfectly acceptable to me.

As far as the longer term plan for the ListManger is concerned, i am very
interested in helping to grow and expand the feature set as deemed important
by the James community.

And yes, you're absolutely correct about the X-been-there header.
So if you (or the James PMC Chair) could let me know if they'd like me to be
a candidate for james cvs commit rights, i'd appreciate the opprotunity.

Regards,
--mark imel

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Mark Imel wrote:
> Noel as far as cvs commit rights are concerned, i'm willing to accept
> whatever responsibilites might be necessary, or if preferred just submit the
> new source files as well as the cvs diffs for the build.xml and the
> jaames-config.xml.  Either way is perfectly acceptable to me.
>
> As far as the longer term plan for the ListManger is concerned, i am very
> interested in helping to grow and expand the feature set as deemed important
> by the James community.
>
> And yes, you're absolutely correct about the X-been-there header.
> So if you (or the James PMC Chair) could let me know if they'd like me to be
> a candidate for james cvs commit rights, i'd appreciate the opprotunity.

Mark,

I'm glad to see you're interested in being a committer.  To briefly the
process, one committer nominates the new person, the committers vote,
and if there are at least 3 +1 votes and no -1 votes, then that person
gets made a committer.  There's also a good article that describes the
complete progression at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/contributing.html

In practice, committer rights come from someone submitting a series of
patches that get successfully incorporated into the codebase.  Once
enough committers know you and think you're adding positively to the
project, the nomination happens and the vote is typically positive.

If you can continue to send patches to the dev list as discussed,
hopefully we'll vote on you before too long.

--
Serge Knystautas
President

RE: Integrating Mark Imel's List Manager

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Mark,

For the moment, do you think that you could submit the patched versions of
any changed files, and the full source for your code?  I'll merge it into
the CVS, although I'll hold off just long enough to tag version 2.1.3 for
release.

With respect to the long term plan for List Manager, it does seem that there
is interest.  That's very good to see.  :-)

See http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html for information the various
kinds of roles and responsibilities involved in ASF projects.

	--- Noel