Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Kyle Orlando <ky...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/13 20:47:09 UTC

Specifying multiple jars for giraph job

Hi,

If you have code that you'd like to use that's in a separate jar file,
what's the best way to include it when running a giraph job? I've
never been able to get the -libjars command to work properly for
hadoop, nor do I really know what it's exact purpose is, but thus far
I've just been combining all of the giraph jars + my jars into one
mega jar file, so my command looks like "hadoop jar combined.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner ..."   It's been working fine, but
there has to be a better way to do this!

Kyle Orlando
Computer Engineering Major
University of Maryland

Re: Specifying multiple jars for giraph job

Posted by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com>.
-libjars is exactly what you need.

make sure you set HADOOP_CLASSPATH accordingly too.

e.g.

export HADOOP_CLASSPATH="giraph.jar:your.jar"
hadoop jar giraph.jar org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner [ -D option ]*
-libjars your.jar your.package.ComputationClass [ GiraphRunner option e.g.
-vip -vif etc. ]*

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com