Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Serg <se...@ardas.dp.ua> on 2019/01/02 10:55:53 UTC

ignite-cassandra-store module has incorrect dependencies

Hi All

I got exceptions in ignite  after update to 2.7.0

2019-01-02 10:09:52,824 ERROR [cassandra-cache-loader-#101]
log4j.Log4JLogger (Log4JLogger.java:586) - Failed to execute Cassandra
loadContactsCache operation
class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Failed to execute Cassandra
loadContactsCache operation

Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Failed to establish
session with Cassandra database
	at
org.apache.ignite.cache.store.cassandra.session.CassandraSessionImpl.session(CassandraSessionImpl.java:586)
	at
org.apache.ignite.cache.store.cassandra.session.CassandraSessionImpl.execute(CassandraSessionImpl.java:394)
	... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.google.common.base.Objects.firstNonNull(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;
	at
com.datastax.driver.core.policies.Policies$Builder.build(Policies.java:285)
	at
com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Builder.getConfiguration(Cluster.java:1246)
	at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster.<init>(Cluster.java:116)
	at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster.buildFrom(Cluster.java:181)
	at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Builder.build(Cluster.java:1264)
	at
org.apache.ignite.cache.store.cassandra.session.CassandraSessionImpl.session(CassandraSessionImpl.java:581)
	... 7 more

Look like problem in parent dependencies which manage guava to 25. But
cassandra-driver incompatible with this version of guava.

RE: ignite-cassandra-store module has incorrect dependencies

Posted by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com>.
FTR there is a JIRA issue for that fixed in 2.8 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10856.

Stan

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Apache Ignite 2.7 has an updated version for a number of dependencies. It
was done for security reasons and to remove possible vulnerable versions of
components from Apache Ignite distribution.

Probably you know: Which version of Guava is compatible with Apache
Cassandra store? Are there any new versions of Cassandra compatible with
newer Guava?

I'm not an expert in Apache Cassandra, but one thing seems to be strange
for me, why stack trace with exception starts from com.datastax, but not
from org.apache.cassandra.

As a workaround, you always can try to re-define Guava in your pom.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov