Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by chris schild <ja...@corridortechnology.com> on 2003/02/19 18:46:43 UTC

Sending Mail problem with Session

Howdy jusers I have a problem with the smtp mail sending from a servlet.  I have a servlet (running on Apache/Tomcat) that is trying to send a mail msg but when I try and create an instance of the Session it bombs out.

Session session = Session.getDefaultInstance(properties, new  SmtpAuthenticator());

I have used the default smtp server (IIS) on another machine and it works fine.  Someone suggested using that server on another port BUT I don't want to do that one.  James is my smtp server, that's that.

I have been away from James for awhile as it has been running smoothly.  Any suggestions as I am stuck and have been for way to long.  btw - I have tried removing the authentication from both the servlet & James.

James 2.1.1
Apache2
Tomcat4.1.18
Win2k

One last request, would someone have a test script for sending mail thru james?  Can you do this with authenication or would I need to disable that?

Thanks!

RE: Sending Mail problem with Session

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Chris,

> when I try and create an instance of the Session it bombs out

Not very descriptive.  Is there something related to James in your inquiry,
or is it that you can't send mail from your servlet?  In the latter case,
are you aware of JAVAMAIL-INTEREST@JAVA.SUN.COM?

	--- Noel