Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/05 10:58:01 UTC

Re: [general] git repository (was: Re: svn commit: r771596 - in /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/make: run-test.xml test.properties)

2009/5/5, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>:
> Sean Qiu wrote:
> > Do someone else try GIT as well? It's amazing.
> >
> > I'm trying to make use of git-svn[1] to maintain a local copy of our
> > repository.
>
> I know you said a local copy, but have you seen http://git.apache.org/ ?

FYI, there is a public Git mirror for harmony[1], set up by Salikh
Zakirov ages ago[2]. Don't know how fast it picks hot changes from
SVN, but you might try it before requesting to create an "official"
mirror.

[1] http://repo.or.cz/w/harmony.git
[2] http://markmail.org/message/4iwt47hhp6xwnxk4

--
Alexey

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
I can't open these links. :-(

Best Regards
Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu

Re: [general] git repository

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Alexey.
It's more convenient to use git-svn[1] to copy all repository information.
We can rebase by ourselves anytime.

[1] http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html<http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html>

Best Regards
Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu