Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/08 19:38:45 UTC

Scalable Custom Subscriptions

The in memory optimized Hadoop implementation sounds like it would be useful
for a realtime scalable subscription system.  The example I'm interested in
testing is using Lucene MemoryIndex to execute millions of queries for
notification of clients.  Where the Hadoop map is a serialized MemoryIndex
and N queries.  I am curious as to how Hadoop performs load balancing if
this would be a nearly constant rate maximum cpu intensive application (as
opposed to disk, memory and cpu intensive).