Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> on 2006/04/01 05:22:03 UTC

Re: InputSuggestAjax not working together with Oracle ADF

Good, because it's not true :-)

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
>From the configuration docs:

oracle.adf.view.faces.CLIENT_STATE_METHOD
Chooses the type of client-side state saving used when client-side
state saving is enabled (with the JSF standard javax.
faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD parameter). Two values are accepted:

"token": the default, which stores page state in the session, but
persists a token to the client that lets ADF Faces disambiguate the
same page appearing multiple times. Failover is supported.
"all": stores all state in the client in a (potentially large) hidden
form field. This matches the default behavior of the JSF reference
implementation, and can be useful for developers avoiding any use of
HttpSession .

-- Adam

Posted by Frank Felix Debatin <ff...@gmx.net>.
Adam,

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
Indeed, it's not true.  We do both client-side and server-side
state saving.

Also, there'll be some terminology confusion:  ADF's default
client-side state saving only saves a token to the client,
and saves the real state in the HttpSession - so you don't
have the major performance and I/O drag of ordinary
state saving, and you also get back button and multi-window
support.  (And we do support a client-side state saving mode
that pushes everything to the client for HttpSessionophobes,
but it's not the default)

I think, though, that this means ADF and MyFaces have
some terminology in direct opposition:  our default
client-side state saving is somewhat comparable to MyFaces's
default server-side state saving - but I haven't read through
the MyFaces state saving code in a long time, so I'm not
100% positive.  So, while ADF Faces tells our users
to always use client-side state saving, I think MyFaces tells
users to always use server-side state saving, but we both
basically mean the same thing...

-- Adam