Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Joshua Brickner <jo...@rocketjones.com> on 2008/06/19 00:17:22 UTC

UnsatisfiedLinkError When Executing FOP

I need to execute the following command in PHP to run FOP:

exec("/usr/local/src/fop-0.94/fop -xml billing_report.xml -xsl
billing_report.xsl -pdf billing_report.pdf");

When I try it runs but the PDF is corrupted and I'm left with this
error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /System/
Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/
libawt.jnilib:

The previous error is followed by a list of 49 messages that look like
this (I can post the rest if it will help) :

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1822)

When I run the exact same command in my CLI by hand it runs just fine
and the PDF looks great. Any ideas of what the problem is?

Thanks,
Joshua Brickner

Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError When Executing FOP

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Jun 19, 2008, at 00:17, Joshua Brickner wrote:

Hi

> I need to execute the following command in PHP to run FOP:
>
> exec("/usr/local/src/fop-0.94/fop -xml billing_report.xml -xsl
> billing_report.xsl -pdf billing_report.pdf");
>
> When I try it runs but the PDF is corrupted and I'm left with this
> error.
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /System/
> Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/
> libawt.jnilib:
>
> The previous error is followed by a list of 49 messages that look
> like this (I can post the rest if it will help) :
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1822)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1723)
> at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
>
> When I run the exact same command in my CLI by hand it runs just
> fine and the PDF looks great. Any ideas of what the problem is?

Seems to be a problem when accessing the Java native libraries in the
PHP context. The first things to check: What are the permissions on
the file/directory in question (should be -rwxr-xr-x for the file)?
Does the user-account that is used in the exec() have the necessary
privileges?

Cheers

Andreas