Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com> on 2005/09/06 16:09:00 UTC

M5 Cut proposal date

Now that we frozen the list for what will go into M5, and based on the
answers for QA/release dates, I propose the QA cut for M5 to occur on Sept
21, followed by a release on September 28.

Jeff

Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.

Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Jeff Genender wrote:
>

>> Ok..shall we branch on Friday?  Anhyone have any issues with this?  I
>> am game.
>>

> I would hope that before we branch all the CTS tests have been run at
> least once on the new assemblies (and with both Jetty & Tomcat). CTS
> during the QA period should just be about verifying that things work all
> the way through on different platforms.

Ok...is this doable?  If not, what is a good date?

Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 9/7/05, Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com> wrote:

[X] Friday 9/9 is the QA Cut date

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
> [X] Friday 9/9 is the QA Cut date

Jacek

Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote, On 9/7/2005 10:06 AM:

> On Sep 7, 2005, at 12:49 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>

>> [ ] Friday 9/9 is the QA Cut date
>> [X] I think it should be after Friday...and should be on 9/16/05
>

> Can you shine a little light on why?  Was there something missed that
> you want to get in there?

I want to fix the security stuff.  I should be able to get it done by
this weekend.

Regards,
Alan

Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Sep 7, 2005, at 12:49 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> [ ] Friday 9/9 is the QA Cut date
> [X] I think it should be after Friday...and should be on 9/16/05

Can you shine a little light on why?  Was there something missed that
you want to get in there?

> BTW, in the future, please start a vote on a new email thread.

Good point.

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
> [X] Friday 9/9 is the QA Cut date

-David

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Sep 7, 2005, at 12:33 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Ok ...I am hijacking this thread... enough discussion...lets vote
> on it...
>
> [X] Friday 9/9 is the QA Cut date

-dain

Re: Monday Checkpoint re M5 Cut (Was Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date)

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
Ok...9/16 then...but this is now 4 days warning.  9/16 needs to be it
(yes I know...someone needs to be the bad cop). ;-)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
The count was :

geirm@apache.org

Re: Monday Checkpoint re M5 Cut (Was Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date)

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
I think today will be it ;-)

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> So, where do we think we are today?

Closer but that there are still regressions that need to be fixed and
there is no point in fixing them twice.

--
Jeremy

Monday Checkpoint re M5 Cut (Was Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On 9/9/2005 4:55 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> I've taken a look at both solutions for the openejb ASN1 usage.  The
> ASN1 bouncy castle code is realatively selfcontained, and can be
> separated out an repackaged relatively quickly.  I've already managed
> to build a version of the BC code that contains just the classes
> necessary to get the asn1 subdirectory to compile, and am working on a
> "pruned" version that removes support not likely to be required for
> openejb/geronimo.  Once that is done, the changes to openejb are
> pretty trivial (mostly just changing package names).  Right now, I'm
> planning on creating a util module in Geronimo for this to live.
>
> The Directory stuff is a little trickier.  The Directory ASN1 support
> doesn't include support for different types of objects that use ASN1
> encodings (in this case X509 names).  I took a crack at writing the
> equivalent, and found the Directory ASN1 support to be incomplete
> enough that you'd end up reimplementing a lot of the bc classes in the
> Directory.  A "quick-and-dirty" approach just implementing X509 name
> parsing in the openejb Util module look doable, but was still a fairly
> tricky bit of code AND required some enhancements to the Directory
> ans1 support to implement.  Right now, the bc subset version looks
> like the best route to take.

Let's go with the former.  Toss it up on the Jira issue and I'll get to
it immediately.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Regards,
Alan

Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

I'm not a committer but I'd like to add my backing for 9/9 QA cut.
I think we have to keep produce regular milestones/releases to keep the
momentum.

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

geirm@apache.org

[VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.

Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.

Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Re: M5 Cut proposal date

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

--- David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2005, at 7:09 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
> > Now that we frozen the list for what will go into
> M5, and based on the
> > answers for QA/release dates, I propose the QA cut
> for M5 to occur on
> > Sept
> > 21, followed by a release on September 28.
>
> I'm very worried by this proposal.  I would prefer a
> much quicker
> schedule.  I have reviewed the issues marked for M5
> and believe the
> following are the only ones we should get into M5,
> and some of these
> are optional.  I would like to know if anyone is
> determined to fix any
> other issues marked for M5 in the near future and
> when they expect to
> get them done.  Waiting around while no one does any
> work on these
> issues will only frustrate those wishing to add new
> post-M5
> functionality.
>
> I propose we deal with the following issues and make
> the M5-QA branch
> no later than this friday Sept 9.  With luck we will
> be able to
> complete tck testing fairly quickly and get the
> release out within a
> week.
>
> 940 -- dual contribution code
> 754 HOWL version upgrade
> 980 Jetty version upgrade
> 817 deploy-jsr88 module has dependency on openejb
> 945 jmDNS lgpl dependency
> 730/731 sample apps -- do these need to go through
> incubator or can I
> just commit them?
> 699 welcome app patches
    I will submit the improved version (minor changes)
before Sept 9th.

Thanks
Anita

http://mail.yahoo.com