Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/12/13 20:11:43 UTC

Re: How Jobtracler stores tasktracker's information

Moving to mapreduce-user@, bcc common-user@. Please use project specific lists.

Take a look at JobTracker.heartbeat -> *Scheduler.assignTasks.

After the scheduler 'assigns' tasks, the JT sends the corresponding 'LaunchTaskAction' to the TaskTracker.

hth,
Arun