Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Nikhil Chandrappa <nc...@pivotal.io> on 2015/12/29 00:40:21 UTC

Bootstrapping spring context with spring-xml-location parameter

Hi All,

I am trying to start a cache server from gfsh with spring context
configuration file and I receive a exception saying,

java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
[spring/context/spring-context.xml] cannot be opened because it does not
exist

Following is Start Server command

start server --name=server1 --server-port=0 --classpath=../target/
*Gemfire-JMS-Integration-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar*:/Users/nchandrappa
/Documents/workspace/Gemfire-JMS-Integration/grid/lib/* --properties-file=
config/gemfire.properties --cache-xml-file=config/serverCache.xml
*--spring-xml-location=spring/context/spring-context.xml*
--initial-heap=100m --max-heap=100m

*Jar Structure*

Gemfire-JMS-Integration

src

 main

  - java

  - resources

  spring

  context

  spring-context.xml

*serverCache.xml*

<cache>

<pdx read-serialized="true" persistent="false"/>

<initializer>

    <class-name>
org.springframework.data.gemfire.support.SpringContextBootstrappingInitializer
</class-name>

    <parameter name="basePackages">

      <string>io.pivotal.gemfire.core,io.pivotal.jms.core</string>

    </parameter>

    </initializer>

</cache>

*gemfire.properties*

mcast-port=0

locators=localhost[10334]

log-level=config

please let me know, if I have missed any configurations in start server
command that I've mentioned above.

Thanks,

Nikhil
--

*Nikhil Chandrappa *| Data Engineer | New York

(315) 396 - 3789 | nchandrappa@pivotal.io | Pivotal Software Inc.
<http://www.pivotal.io/>

Re: Bootstrapping spring context with spring-xml-location parameter

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
Well, in this case, you were attempting to resolve a "resource" (i.e.
sprinc-context.xml) not a class, hence the FileNotFoundException.

In most cases, entries on the classpath must be absolute.  The exception
maybe if the path is relative to the JVM process's (in this case, the
GemFire Server's) working directory.

For instance if you had specified...

gfsh>start server --name=Test *--dir=/path/to/server/working/directory* ...
*--classpath=target/classes.jar*

Then...

/path/to/server/working/directory/Test.log
/path/to/server/working/directory/*target/classes.jar*

This *may* have worked, although, I suspect this does not either.  Note,
the /path/to/server/working/directory is the location that the GemFire
Server JVM process will be ran from, see ProcessBuilder.directory(:File)
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/ProcessBuilder.html#directory-java.io.File->
 [0].

-John

[0] -
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/ProcessBuilder.html#directory-java.io.File-

--
-John
503-504-8657

Re: Bootstrapping spring context with spring-xml-location parameter

Posted by Nikhil Chandrappa <nc...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
Nikhil-

--
-John
503-504-8657

Re: Bootstrapping spring context with spring-xml-location parameter

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.

--
-John
503-504-8657

Re: Bootstrapping spring context with spring-xml-location parameter

Posted by Nikhil Chandrappa <nc...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io>.