Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Thamizhazhagan B <Th...@kp.org> on 2021/10/07 09:42:08 UTC

Better way to debug Solr Scoring

Hi,

Is there any better way to debug Solr Query. I have used "debugQuery=true&explain=text" . Though it provides insights of Scoring difficult to understand.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Thamizh
NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. v.173.295  Thank you.

RE: Better way to debug Solr Scoring

Posted by Thamizhazhagan B <Th...@kp.org>.
Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Regards,
Thamizh

Caution: This email came from outside Kaiser Permanente. Do not open attachments or click on links if you do not recognize the sender.

Hi, I wrote a google chrome plugin that helps a full and thorough investigation into this.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/solr-query-debugger/gmpkeiamnmccifccnbfljffkcnacmmdl__;!!BZ50a36bapWJ!5PLEQMf1V78MTLzrnJwuZEdwJKANMy9YoDZvWsRotpyC_H_f2E_QJSNA5J-V3ixpC87URg$

--
Vincenzo D'Amore

Re: Better way to debug Solr Scoring

Posted by Vincenzo D'Amore <v....@gmail.com>.

--
Vincenzo D'Amore

Re: Better way to debug Solr Scoring

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Try our Splainer tool www.splainer.io

Best

Charlie

On 07/10/2021 10:42, Thamizhazhagan B wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any better way to debug Solr Query. I have used "debugQuery=true&explain=text" . Though it provides insights of Scoring difficult to understand.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Thamizh
> NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. v.173.295  Thank you.

--
Charlie Hull - Managing Consultant at OpenSource Connections Limited
<www.o19s.com>

OpenSource Connections Europe GmbH | Pappelallee 78/79 | 10437 Berlin
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg | HRB 230712 B
Geschäftsführer: John M. Woodell | David E. Pugh
Finanzamt: Berlin Finanzamt für Körperschaften II

Re: Better way to debug Solr Scoring

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
You may find http://splainer.io/ <http://splainer.io/> useful ;-)

> On Oct 7, 2021, at 7:28 AM, Dave <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Which parts of the scoring are confusing to you?  As in specifically.  Solr is just a cover over lucene and the scoring has been documented for a long time:
>
> http://www.lucenetutorial.com/advanced-topics/scoring.html
>
> * Documents containing *all* the search terms are good
> * Matches on rare words are better than for common words
> * Long documents are not as good as short ones
> * Documents which mention the search terms many times are good
>
>> On Oct 7, 2021, at 5:42 AM, Thamizhazhagan B <Th...@kp.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any better way to debug Solr Query. I have used "debugQuery=true&explain=text" . Though it provides insights of Scoring difficult to understand.
>>
>> Please advise.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Thamizh
>> NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. v.173.295  Thank you.

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed <https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: Better way to debug Solr Scoring

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.