Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dzuy Nguyen <dz...@infinity-studios.com> on 2004/03/15 04:03:15 UTC

mod_perl 1.99 problem

Hi,

I'm trying to run mod_perl 2.0 on RH 9.0.  Apache and mod_perl are RH's
out of the box rpm.
I just can't seem to get past the problem with Apache::AuthCookie.  This
is the error I get:

Can't locate object method "ap_auth_type" via package
"Apache::RequestRec" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/AuthCookie.pm line 266.!

According to mod_perl document, Apache::AuthCookie has been ported to
mod_perl 2.0.  The
ap_auth_type is the newer method of auth_type.  From the error, it
sounds like this function is
not there at all.  Is this because it's not implemented yet
(mod_perl-1.99_07-5)?

Dzuy

Re: mod_perl 1.99 problem

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Dzuy Nguyen wrote:

> I'm trying to run mod_perl 2.0 on RH 9.0.  Apache and mod_perl are RH's
> out of the box rpm.

Throw away everything that came with RH9 and grab the sources for
Perl, Apache and mod_perl.  Install Perl first.  Then read all the
mod_perl doc's, search the mailing list archives and have another go.

I'd recommend a new kernel too (2.4.25), but you'll have enough on
your plate with just those for now. :)

73,
Ged.

Re: mod_perl 1.99 problem

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 22:03, Dzuy Nguyen wrote:
> I'm trying to run mod_perl 2.0 on RH 9.0.  Apache and mod_perl are RH's
> out of the box rpm.

Not a good idea.  The version of mod_perl 2 that comes with RH 9 was
released in September 2002, about a year and a half ago.  That's just
too old for something that is essentially beta software under constant
development.  If you want people to help you with mod_perl 2 issues, you
need to keep up with development by running a recent version.

- Perrin