Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Kiran <ki...@cambilsoftware.com> on 2005/02/03 07:11:13 UTC

Help needed

Hi friends,
      I will share a scenario.Pls tell me how to use Jmeter in this
issue.
I have a website for booking cruise tickets.If a customer selects a
particular cabin it will be under hold for 15 minutes.Within that 15
minutes he has to complete booking by entering the passenger details and
all.Within that time if any other customer selects the same cabin he
will get a message to select another cabin.

So I have recorded a scenario that a customer selects a particular cabin
and books a ticket. Suppose i executed this test case for 20 users what
will happen..?Any way its not possible to select the same cabin?..How
jmeter will react in this case..It will throw any error?

Expecting  immediate response..

Regards Kiran

Re: Help needed

Posted by Daniel Browne <Da...@quadstone.com>.
Hope this response is 'immediate' enough for you.

Why don't you just add extra users to your thread group and give it a
try?  JMeter's reaction will be determined by what your application's
behaviour.  I would expect that you will get the same as if you did it
via the browser (message saying to select another cabin).

Do you want the other 19 users to select different cabin to begin with?

No expectations of response time...