Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2009/12/04 12:21:33 UTC

Dealing with issues

There are quite a few issues that are "ready to review" some of them
have patches attached. At least one of which fixes a bug that someone
else just spent time identifying.

Nobody expects these things to be addressed immediately, but they
should be a priority to at least flag as reviewed or needing more
info, otherwise the submitter has no idea what is happening.

This can be quite difficult when the community is small, but the
primary objective needs to be to encourage contributors so that they
can become committers. A little extra time spent on this in the early
days reaps massive rewards when they start to share the load.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - supporting open source in education and research
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk

Re: Dealing with issues

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 4 Dec 2009, at 11:28, Ross Gardler wrote:

> 2009/12/4 Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>:
>> There are quite a few issues that are "ready to review" some of them
>> have patches attached. At least one of which fixes a bug that someone
>> else just spent time identifying.
>
> Can developers please confirm that they are receiving the "ready to
> review" nag mails from JIRA. I get them but I'm wondering if I set it
> up right for everyone to get them.

I'm getting them

Re: Dealing with issues

Posted by Paul Sharples <p....@bolton.ac.uk>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> 2009/12/4 Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>:
>
>> There are quite a few issues that are "ready to review" some of them
>> have patches attached. At least one of which fixes a bug that someone
>> else just spent time identifying.
>>

> Can developers please confirm that they are receiving the "ready to
> review" nag mails from JIRA. I get them but I'm wondering if I set it
> up right for everyone to get them.

Yes I'm getting them.

Paul

Re: Dealing with issues