Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jelena Jovanovic <jo...@fon.bg.ac.yu> on 2005/11/10 12:23:14 UTC

Problems with deployment of a Tapestry application

Hi everyone,

I have problems deploying a Tapestry (3.0) application I developed. I work with Tomcat 5.5 Web Server. When I deploy the application on the local machine (local host) and start it everything is fine. However, when I tried to deploy it on a remote machine (working under Linux), the deployment seemed to pass well, but I can not start the application. Specifically, when I type http://{server-name}/{name-of-application}/app I get the following message "We can't find  http://{server-name}/{name-of-application}/app". Should I start the application in a different way?
Just to mention also that I included in the war file all tapestry jar files.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jelena

Re: Problems with deployment of a Tapestry application

Posted by Darío Vasconcelos <da...@gmail.com>.
I once had a similar problem and turned out I hadn't changed the name
of the Tapestry servlet in web.xml to the name of the new context...

On 11/10/05, Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Its hard to tell - maybe a problem in web.xml ?
> maybe try to deploy it on your local machine to another context, so you
> see if the .war works...
> cheers,
> ROn
>

> ציטוט Jelena Jovanovic:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have problems deploying a Tapestry (3.0) application I developed. I work with Tomcat 5.5 Web Server. When I deploy the application on the local machine (local host) and start it everything is fine. However, when I tried to deploy it on a remote machine (working under Linux), the deployment seemed to pass well, but I can not start the application. Specifically, when I type http://{server-name}/{name-of-application}/app I get the following message "We can't find  http://{server-name}/{name-of-application}/app". Should I start the application in a different way?
> > Just to mention also that I included in the war file all tapestry jar files.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jelena

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made
in a very narrow field.
   Niels Bohr

Re: Problems with deployment of a Tapestry application

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.