Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2010/08/09 19:30:15 UTC

Re: [Apache Mentoring Programme]JavaScript-only PDF viewer component

  On 7/27/2010 1:48 AM, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
> Hello Charith,
>
> That is a promising proposal and I'm willing to mentor you.

Thank you Ulrich and Charith,

If you would like this tracked through the formal mentoring program,
Charith could you file an issue under COMDEV in Jira with your propos,
ala https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-11 and then both mentee
and and mentor can post midterm comments and scope revision then
ultimately close it out when the project is complete.  We'd talked at
one point about having a Wiki page but I think just adding Jira links to
Open and Resolved projects to the existing  will be better for data
integrity.

Kathey

Re: [Apache Mentoring Programme]JavaScript-only PDF viewer component

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
  On 9/15/2010 12:31 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> All your work should be done within the project community. So your work should be submitted via their Jira and SVN. Progress should also be recorded against the relevant issues linked from the original proposal [1]. In general this means submitting patches to the relevant issues, when patches are applied and issues closed this will be reflected in the tracking issue.
>
> If you have any problems getting the patches reviewed or if the above does not adequately answer your question feel free to ask again on this list.

I think it would be good to have a com dev issue where mentors and
students can add their midterm and final comments, e.g.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-11 for tracking.  I think
that might be better than a Wiki page that is more likely to get out of
date.

Re: [Apache Mentoring Programme]JavaScript-only PDF viewer component

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
All your work should be done within the project community. So your work should be submitted via their Jira and SVN. Progress should also be recorded against the relevant issues linked from the original proposal [1]. In general this means submitting patches to the relevant issues, when patches are applied and issues closed this will be reflected in the tracking issue.

If you have any problems getting the patches reviewed or if the above does not adequately answer your question feel free to ask again on this list.

Ross

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-11

Sent from my mobile device.

Posted by Charith Madusanka <ch...@gmail.com>.