Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pete Nelson <pe...@ci.stpaul.mn.us> on 2002/02/14 15:42:49 UTC

Logging info for a Proxy

I'm looking for a way to log information from my proxy server - mainly,
if a document was pulled from proxy cache or reloaded from the internet.
 It's a simple apache proxy

I made an assumption that there would be a 'note' in the proxy module,
similar to how I pull in cookie information in other server logs.  I
searched through the source code and only found two 'notes' in
proxy_util.c - 'error-notes' and 'verbose-error-to'.  I don't think this
is what I'm looking for (but you can be sure I'll be checking them
out!).

Does anyone know what I need in my LogFormat to tell me if the request
was retrieved from cache?  Any other tips for other pieces of info I can
put in a proxy logfile?

My current log format:

  LogFormat "%h %t \"%r\" %>s %b" simple

Thanks!