Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sh...@lotus.com on 2001/03/22 19:02:17 UTC

Re: Xml - Html help - *please* take general XSLT questions to the appropriate place!

See http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/overview.html#uptospeed for general XSLT
ans stylesheet writing links.

The xalan-dev list is really for questions about Xalan the product(s), not
about XSLT the language or generic questions about how to write
stylesheets.  Although the normal xalan-dev denizens try to help when we
can, we're already getting overloaded with questions about Xalan internals
and product questions.  Anyway, you'll get better information and quicker
response times from asking your questions in the appropriate forum.

- Shane
---- you "Java XML" <ja...@hotmail.com> wrote ----

XSLT problem

Posted by Sébastien JALLOT - AgOA <se...@agoa-fr.net>.
Could someone help me ?

Here's the Xml file :

  <MENU>
            <MENU1>
               <M_LIBELLE>Administration</M_LIBELLE>
               <M_URL />
               <M_ACTIF>0</M_ACTIF>
        <NBSM>5</NBSM>
               <SOUSMENU id="1">
    <S_LIBELLE>indexation</S_LIBELLE>
                  <S_URL>$PHP_SELF</S_URL>
                  <S_ACTIF>0</S_ACTIF>
               </SOUSMENU>
               <SOUSMENU id="2">
                  <S_URL>modifglob.php</S_URL>
                  <S_LIBELLE>modification globale</S_LIBELLE>
                  <S_ACTIF>0</S_ACTIF>
               </SOUSMENU>
               <SOUSMENU id="3">
                  <S_URL>supglob.php</S_URL>
                  <S_LIBELLE>Supression Globale</S_LIBELLE>
                  <S_ACTIF>0</S_ACTIF>
               </SOUSMENU>
               <SOUSMENU id="4">
                  <S_URL>informations.php</S_URL>
                  <S_LIBELLE>Informations</S_LIBELLE>
                  <S_ACTIF>0</S_ACTIF>
               </SOUSMENU>
               <SOUSMENU id="5">
                  <S_URL>Infosql.php</S_URL>
                  <S_LIBELLE>Fenêtre SQL</S_LIBELLE>
                  <S_ACTIF>0</S_ACTIF>
               </SOUSMENU>

            </MENU1>
            <MENU2>
               <M_LIBELLE>Fonctions</M_LIBELLE>
               <M_URL />
               <M_ACTIF>0</M_ACTIF>
        <NBSM>2</NBSM>
               <SOUSMENU id="1">
                  <S_LIBELLE>Contrôle Doublon</S_LIBELLE>
                  <S_URL>$PHP_SELF?ILS_DOC|DOC_TITRE</S_URL>
                  <S_ACTIF>0</S_ACTIF>
               </SOUSMENU>
               <SOUSMENU id="2">
                  <S_LIBELLE>Informations Réservations</S_LIBELLE>
                  <S_URL>reservations.php</S_URL>
                  <S_ACTIF>0</S_ACTIF>
               </SOUSMENU>
          </MENU2>
         </MENU>

Here's the XSL file :

/*/

<xsl:for-each select="/MENU/*" >

 <xsl:if test="position()!=last()">
 "<xsl:apply-templates select="M_LIBELLE" />","",<xsl:value-of
select="count(SOUSMENU)" /> ,
 </xsl:if>

 <xsl:if test="position()=last()">
 "<xsl:value-of select="M_LIBELLE" />","",<xsl:value-of
select="count(SOUSMENU)" />)
 </xsl:if>

</xsl:for-each>
/*/

THis give me "Administration","",0 <- doessomeone has an idea on how could I
count the number of items "sousmenu" ?

Thanks !

Seb

RE: Xml - Html help - *please* take general XSLT questions to theappropriate place!

Posted by Christian Aberger <xm...@Aberger.at>.
Shane,

<we're already getting overloaded with questions>

I have a question concerning that. I think this support is very good in this
list. From the amount of mails you developers answer I also see that this is
a high load for you. In spite of that you developers answer, often
additionally to the existing answers from others in the list these things
once again (though most of the time more accurate, of course).

Now 2 questions:
1) Is it a preferred way that others should not answer questions at all,
only ask ? Or is it OK when I and others, although not active Xalan
contibutors try to answer things that they think they can answer in order to
unload the team from trivial/recurring answers (unsubscribe, gmake...). This
is not because I want to interfere with something, I only thought this is a
minimum contribution for successfully using this good and free product. I
know from other lists that there is most of it monitoring. Only when answers
are not given at all or misleading, the monitor forwards it to the
development team that takes care only then.

2) If the answer to 1) is no then I would like to ask a technical detail:
Often things are answered twice, because the delay somethimes is hours until
a mail is received from this list, but not for all. Often I get a question
an hour later after it was already answered. Shouldn't there be more
distributed mail servers (USA/Europe/Japan...) serving their own area ? I
saw people from hewlett packard, IBM etc. in this list, I am sure they have
somewhere an unused server sitting around in the internet somewhere bored
and eager to become a forwarder for Apache-lists aren't there ? ;-)

wfR ChrisA