Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/14 10:16:51 UTC

IRC #flex and Google+ Community

Hi everyone,

I jumped into the #flex channel on freenode and there's a few people in
there. Do any of the committers have ops in the channel? I wanted to update
the topic to update the latest version to 4.9.

Also, there's a link to a Google+ community, and apparently there are three
communities now. Which one is the 'official' one? Anyone know?
https://plus.google.com/105541823080431305816/posts/6LPmifnC277

Was also thinking, in regard to the IRC channel, I think it would be a good
idea to try and jump into the IRC channel when you're spending time on
Apache Flex so we could chat in real time. I know everything needs to
happen on the dev mailing list, but it would be nice to be able to ask each
other questions (not making project decisions but like technical questions
while collaborating on code). Good idea or bad idea?

-omar

Re: IRC #flex and Google+ Community

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi omar,

thanks for pointing this out!

> Also, there's a link to a Google+ community, and apparently there are three
> communities now. Which one is the 'official' one? Anyone know?
> https://plus.google.com/105541823080431305816/posts/6LPmifnC277

It seems, there is no official Google+ community. As I already mentioned in my post, I think it would be very useful to have one official G+ community (also for marketing).

Marcus

Re: IRC #flex and Google+ Community

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 5:09 AM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>wrote:

> I'm up for popping into IRC every so often...  Which network are you
> talking about though?    Somebody has some bots in EFNet that haven't given
> up control in at least 18 months...
>
> -Nick

I checked on freenode via this web client: http://webchat.freenode.net/

The #flex room has a decent number of people in it, but no idea who @J_A_X