Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Ankush Mishra <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/17 04:29:03 UTC

GSoC Status Report

Current Status of Project:

CalDAV4j:

    As mentioned previously work as ongoing with respect to CalDAV4j.
    I'd say about 85% - 90% of the migration is completed. Right now, I
    am dealing with testing if everything works, after migration. Along
    with that, work has to be done to maintain compatibility with the
    previous version of the library.

    The migration to the /jackrabbit-webdav/ library, has compatibility
    issues with the previous versions of the library, mostly because of
    the inherent difference between the now deprecated
    /jakarta-slide-webdav/ library. Things like Response properties and
    the response classes are entirely different, causing a whole
    different way to getting responses after migration.

    While, I have tried to maintain the compatibility between classes,
    not all the time is this possible. For a larger list of changes
    which I expect, can be found here
    <https://github.com/caldav4j/caldav4j/issues/59#issuecomment-219601921>.
    [1]

    The only hindrance in merging right now with master, other than the
    fine grained testing, is compatibility.

    Here's my current project repository:
    https://github.com/TheAntimist/caldav4j

Future Work:

CalDAV4j: As stated tests, and maintaining compatibility will have to be
worked on.

CalDAV Client: Features, have been mapped out, and here's a list on what
I expect to work on:

  * Initilization of events to local server from remote CalDAV server.
  * Sync
      o Changelog Based
      o WebDAV-Sync (RFC 6578 [2] <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6578>)
  * Create, Delete and Handle Recurrence Events
  * Extra Features, to look up on:
      o Scheduling Support (RFC 6638 [3]
        <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6638> )
      o Access Control