Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by mmoorman <mm...@uos.de> on 2012/02/06 20:55:44 UTC

PDFTranscoder is producing 0byte file

Hi everybody,

I'm creating an alignment of sequences and want to save this aligment. I'm
drawing a lot of Strings (300) into the SVGGraphics2D object, which results
in a length of about 20.000 px. THe SVG looks good in Inkscape but I cannot
convert it into a pdf. Neither via the pdfTranscoder, which is producing a
0byte file, nor via the rasterizer which produces pdf with about 1.6Mb but I
don't see any text.
Do you have any advices to solve this problem?  http://pastie.org/3329528
this  is the generated SVG.

Thanks in advance

Re: PDFTranscoder is producing 0byte file

Posted by mmoorman <mm...@uos.de>.
yes, too bad. Now I need to find another solution for this.
Thanks for your help

Markus

Posted by jonathan wood <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mmoorman <mm...@uos.de>.

Posted by jonathan wood <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mmoorman <mm...@uos.de>.

Posted by jonathan wood <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jonathan wood <jo...@gmail.com>.
Your high resolution vector image may be consuming more heap than you have
available when transcoding to raster.  You can test this by passing an AOI
to the transcode hints.  if that is the issue, you can opt to tile the
output

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/using/transcoder.html#selectAreaOfIntrest

Or cut your resolution by reducing the magnitude of your cords...

you'll get some better answers from other, more knowledgable transcoders!