Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Simon Roberts <si...@fifthweb.net> on 2003/01/08 04:52:22 UTC

HttpClient and multiple client certificates

What would be the "correct" way to use HttpClient in a situation where we
have multiple client certificates, talking to the same server?  Register a
bunch of Protocols, each of which had their own SSLSocketFactory?

Re: HttpClient and multiple client certificates

Posted by Simon Roberts <si...@fifthweb.net>.
> > What would be the "correct" way to use HttpClient in a situation where
we
> > have multiple client certificates, talking to the same server?  Register
> > bunch of Protocols, each of which had their own SSLSocketFactory?
>
> I guess this is the only way.

Nope, that doesn't work - MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager uses >>host +
":" + port<< for the key for it's connection pool, disregarding the
protocol.  If I add a protocol-specific string to the key used in the
Protocols map, it seems to work okay.

Re: HttpClient and multiple client certificates

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.