Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sebastian Schneider <sc...@dvz.fh-aachen.de> on 2009/09/25 13:21:40 UTC

Problem with serialization of class Date

Hello axis users,

I am using Axis2-1.5 and I have a method in my service implementation which returns an object with an Date-attribute. The problem I'm facing now is that the time is wrong or gets lost.

For example on the server side the date in question is Fri Sep 25 13:14:44 CEST 2009.
When I call my webservice and check the returned date in the member variable it is
Fri Sep 25 01:00:00 CEST 2009.

I am generating the service archive with the plugin for Eclipse and I did not make any manual changes to the services.xml which is generated by the wizard. Is this a bug or do I need to specify some options for the serialization of the Date class?

Any hint is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Re: Problem with serialization of class Date

Posted by Sebastian Schneider <sc...@dvz.fh-aachen.de>.
Hello Amila!

> this[1] may help as well
>
> thanks,
> Amila.
>
> [1]
> http://amilachinthaka.blogspot.com/2009/09/handling-date-and-datetime-with-axis2.html

Thanks a lot. Looks this explains a lot and will help me.

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
this[1] may help as well

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Problem with serialization of class Date

Posted by Sebastian Schneider <sc...@dvz.fh-aachen.de>.
Hello Upul!

> I think for Date it only keeps the date portion. You could try it with
> Calendar type.
>
> Upul

The class Date in Java also keeps the time. Or do you mean Axis2 is ignoring the time portion? What do you mean with using the Calendar type? AFAIK it's an Java interface to do conversions regarding to times and dates not to store dates.

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Sebastian Schneider
> <sc...@dvz.fh-aachen.de> wrote:
> > Hello axis users,
> >
> > I am using Axis2-1.5 and I have a method in my service
> > implementation which returns an object with an Date-attribute. The
> > problem I'm facing now is that the time is wrong or gets lost.
> >
> > For example on the server side the date in question is Fri Sep 25
> > 13:14:44 CEST 2009. When I call my webservice and check the returned date in the > > member  variable it is Fri Sep 25 01:00:00 CEST 2009.
> >
> > I am generating the service archive with the plugin for Eclipse and
> > I did not make any manual changes to the services.xml which is
> > generated by the wizard. Is this a bug or do I need to specify some
> > options for the serialization of the Date class?
> >
> > Any hint is highly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sebastian

Regards,