Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Eric Chow <er...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/01 14:04:31 UTC

How to create a mailing list in James ?

Hello,

How can I create a mailing list in James?
If I use a database as the user store, how can I create a mailing list ?

Best regards,
Eric

Re: How to create a mailing list in James ?

Posted by Vasko Tomanov <va...@web.bg>.
I ask the same question but noone replay to me :)))))))))))

Re: current version of James?

Posted by Vasko Tomanov <va...@web.bg>.
I use 1.2.1 and all are OK

current version of James?

Re: somthing wrong

Posted by Vasko Tomanov <va...@web.bg>.
Please give a bit more time to test the system / all my office mail
services now run on JAMES - about 300 users /

but here is some information in advance

1/ Platform : mandrake 8.1, Netscape: 4.78
2/ The number displayed is more than the actual number
3/ it varies - about 3 or 2 some times more
4/ Not every time

this could be a bug in netscape( that's why i need more time - I make a
test using Sylpheed mail client now)

best regards
vasko

RE: somthing wrong

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
Sounds like a bug to me too,

somthing wrong

Re: add users in James

Posted by Daniel Katheininger <d....@vivid-md.de>.
Am 08.01.2002 11:57 Uhr schrieb "Vasko Tomanov" unter <va...@web.bg>:

> How to add many users in james with text file this don't working:
>
> telnet 127.0.0.1 4555 < /proba
>
> the file /proba contain:
>
> root
> 7kj8ynsx
> adduser gerryian dragan
> quit
>
> the result of this operation is:
>
> [root@toshiba root]# telnet 127.0.0.1 4555 </proba
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> JAMES RemoteAdministration Tool 1.2.1rc2
> Please enter your login and password
> Connection closed by foreign host.
> [root@toshiba root]#
>
> and the JAMES server freeze..... and return to normal operation after
> ctrl-c and start again...
>
> any suggestions ?
>
> vasko

Hi Vasko,

i'd probably write a littel java-prog which puts the required data via an
OutputStream into the remote manager. So you can "feed" the remote manager
with data in a controlled manner.

(hope this will work)

daniel

add users in James

Posted by Vasko Tomanov <va...@web.bg>.
thanks a lot i fix my problems and the mail list work fine..
another question:

how to confurate mailing list with moderator ? who contro evrithing ?

best regards
vasko

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.

Posted by Vasko Tomanov <va...@web.bg>.
this is tshe part for defining tshe list test@toshiba.web.bg

<mailet match="RecipientIs=test@toshiba.web.bg" class="AvalonListserv">
                        <membersonly> true </membersonly>
                        <attachmentsallowed> true </attachmentsallowed>
                        <replytolist> true </replytolist>
                        <membersPath> file://../var/users/list-james
</membersPath>                                              </mailet>

i send message to test-on@toshiba.web.bg
and the server response nitshing

after that i send a message to test@toshiba.web.bg end the server
response :