Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2001/11/05 12:22:11 UTC

OutOfMemoryError with Blackdown JVM

Hi all,

I have just tried to install the Tomcat v4.0.1 RPM on my laptop
(LinuxPPC, 192MB RAM) using the JVM from blackdown.org, however it
refuses to start due to an OutOfMemoryError.

I've trawled the mailing list archives, and the general advice seems to
be to fiddle with the JVM heap sizes, however this has made no
difference.

Has anyone successfully got Tomcat to run under LinuxPPC? If so, could
you tell me what you changed to get it to run?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: OutOfMemoryError with Blackdown JVM

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Graham Leggett wrote:

> I have just tried to install the Tomcat v4.0.1 RPM on my laptop
> (LinuxPPC, 192MB RAM) using the JVM from blackdown.org, however it
> refuses to start due to an OutOfMemoryError.

Let me ask this question a different way - what are the minimum values
for -Xms and -Xmx where Tomcat can reasonably be expected to work?

I have tried all sorts of values, both small and large, but Tomcat
refuses point blank to start. I am pretty desperate at this stage to
find an answer, as I have a looming deadline and a non-operational
development machine. I need to know whether I should be continuing
trying to get it to work on LinuxPPC, or whether I should ditch it and
find an Intel box.