Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pminearo <pe...@skycreek.com> on 2014/07/26 03:44:28 UTC

JMS Bridge vs Camel

I have a JMS Bridge set up between to ActiveMQ (5.10) Queues.  We are running
into an issue with the Bridge dropping the connections.  I have been digging
around to find a fix, and I keep running into use Camel Routes.

Besides the 3 reasons listed here:
http://activemq.apache.org/jms-to-jms-bridge.html
<http://activemq.apache.org/jms-to-jms-bridge.html>

Why does everyone just assume the fix is "Use Camel Routes"?  Is the JMS
Bridge functionality no longer supported?  Are there too many problems with
it?

Re: JMS Bridge vs Camel

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you don’t want to touch the message body, using the JMS Bridge should be fine.
If you want to route the message based on the message content or route the message with other transport protocol, using Apache Camel is a better choice.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: JMS Bridge vs Camel

Posted by Matthew Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
You have better management and control (multi-threading, throttling, logging, etc) over using a Camel route vs ActiveMQ’s JMS bridge. Camel is very lightweight, so I wouldn’t expect it to have any measurable performance impact in real world scenarios.