Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Feng Zhou <fe...@netdrive.com> on 2000/06/21 23:22:48 UTC

trouble in loading slide configuration file

Hi, All,

I'm trying run slide on top of avalon on Linux.

When I run "./build.sh dist", I didn't see blocks for Catalina and Slide installed in dist/avalon/blocks.

Then, I copied slide.jar from dist/slide/lib to dist/avalon/blocks.  When I run "./run.sh" under dist/avalon/bin,
I got the following error,

Avalon runner

parser            : org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
configurationPath : ../conf/
logFile           : ../logs/avalon.log
libPath           : ../lib/
bloackPath        : ./blocks/

Scanning jars for new Blocks...
  Found new jar: slide.jar
  Installing slide configuration file into ../conf/ from template

Unknown Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getInputStream(ZipFile.java:117)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:275)
        at org.apache.avalon.loader.AvalonConfiguration.getAvalonConfig
uration(AvalonConfiguration.java:72)
        at org.apache.avalon.loader.Main.main(Main.java:64)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Re: trouble in loading slide configuration file

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi, All,
>
> I'm trying run slide on top of avalon on Linux.
>
> When I run "./build.sh dist", I didn't see blocks for Catalina and Slide
installed in dist/avalon/blocks.

> Then, I copied slide.jar from dist/slide/lib to dist/avalon/blocks.  When
I run "./run.sh" under dist/avalon/bin,
> I got the following error,

> Avalon runner
>
> parser            : org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
> configurationPath : ../conf/
> logFile           : ../logs/avalon.log
> libPath           : ../lib/
> bloackPath        : ./blocks/
>
> Scanning jars for new Blocks...
>   Found new jar: slide.jar
>   Installing slide configuration file into ../conf/ from template
>
> Unknown Exception
> java.lang.NullPointerException:
>         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getInputStream(ZipFile.java:117)
>         at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:275)
>         at org.apache.avalon.loader.AvalonConfiguration.getAvalonConfig
> uration(AvalonConfiguration.java:72)
>         at org.apache.avalon.loader.Main.main(Main.java:64)

> Any ideas?

Sorry, I changed the target name for the Avalon distribution :-(
You now have to use avalon-dist
It's supposed to build two Avalon blocks :
- Catalina.jar
- Slide.jar

What you got is an (ugly) Avalon error because it fails to find a
slide.conf.xml file in the slide.jar.

dist target just builds :
- slide.jar containing the content management API classes
- webdav.jar is the DAV servlet (which uses slide.jar)
- doc.jar contains the JavaDoc of the content management API

Remy