Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2007/09/10 22:07:50 UTC

FastFeather and ApacheCon - incubator's place to shine!

Hello incubator committers!

You should have received an email from me if you are a committer,
sent on 8/17, encouraging you to attend ApacheCon US 2007.  You might
or might not know that early registration discounts are extended still
until September 22nd, so you have a week and a half still to save some
wampum on your registration!

But this is going to you now because tomorrow night we are finalizing
the next press release about ApacheCon, and we want to generate excitement.
What's more exciting than tomorrows' next big thing?  That would be here
at the Apache Incubator and at Apache Labs!  See the press release below
for how this was sold in the past.

If you 1) plan to attend and 2) are willing to present a 15 minute short
presentation about your incubating or labs technology, the attendees would
very much appreciate learning about your podling's technology!  These have
been warmly received, the attendees are very kind to folks who haven't done
that much public speaking.  And you get the satisfaction of championing
your podling!

Lars is starting the schedule soon, and is willing to modify it (space
available) all the way through the convention.  But for the purpose of
identifying what technologies are represented, **please reply** with the
project *you* are willing to speak about to the general@ list, so everyone
finds out about all the projects that will Fast Feather.  Do so today
(in the next 24 hours) and *your project* can appear in the next official
press release about the convention!

Many thanks, see you in Atlanta!

Bill

================
from the AC/EU 2007 press release...

FAST FEATHER TRACK – ALL DAY Thursday
Due to the overwhelming response to the Incubator Fast Track in Austin at
ApacheCon US 2006, we expanded the idea for Amsterdam – AND IT WAS A HIT!!!!.

The ASF is now over 10 years old, with more than forty top level projects and
dozens of other active projects in the Incubator and elsewhere. Additionally,
there are new ideas and potential projects being hatched in the Incubator and
Labs every day.

With this in mind, we bring you the Fast Feather Talks. An extra session track
has been added for Thursday. Join us in an intimate setting to hear 10 to 15
minute updates on some of your favorite (or soon-to-be favorite!) projects
within the ASF community. Stay for a few talks, or stay all day and get caught
up on the exciting, cutting-edge world of ASF projects!

Incubator: incubator.apache.org/

The Incubator is the entry path into The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) for
projects and codebases wishing to become part of the Foundation's efforts. All
code donations from external organizations and existing external projects
wishing to join Apache enter through the Incubator.

Labs: labs.apache.org/

Apache Labs is a place for innovation where committers of the foundation can
experiment with new ideas. The aim is to provide the necessary resource to
promote and maintain the innovative power within the Apache community without
the burden of community building.

Re: FastFeather and ApacheCon - incubator's place to shine!

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I will attend ApacheCon and would be happy to get a slot to present the
Apache Sling project.

Thanks and Regards
Felix

Fwd: FastFeather and ApacheCon - incubator's place to shine!

Posted by Jim Hurley <Ji...@Sun.COM>.
Any River committers planning on going to ApacheCon?

-jh

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi everyone -

I plan to attend ApacheCon 2007 in Atlanta, and will be happy to get a
slot in the fast-feather session to talk about the UIMA project.

Thanks for the opportunity!

-Marshall

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
I will be attending ApacheCon US 2007 and I would be very pleased
to take part in FastFeather to tell people about Apache Tuscany.

   Simon