Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <am...@mxi.com> on 2007/08/02 17:07:56 UTC

Credential Store

Hi,  referring to a credential store from within my
geronimo-application.xml used to be done like this:

         <security:credential-store>
             <sys:pattern>
                 <sys:name
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">MyCredentialStore</sys:name>
             </sys:pattern>
         </security:credential-store>

With the final schema changes, the <credential-store> element got changed
to <credential-store-ref>, and now it seems like the contents of this
element are supposed to refer to a repository artifact.  My Credential
Store GBean is also defined within my geronimo-application.xml, so I'm not
sure how it should be self-referenced now.  Any advice?

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *

Re: Credential Store

Posted by Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <am...@mxi.com>.
Yes, that worked.  Thanks!

             David Jencks
             <david_jencks@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
                                       user@geronimo.apache.org
             08-02-2007 11:33                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Credential Store
             Please respond to
             user@geronimo.apa
                  che.org

          <security:credential-store-ref>
                  <name
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
deployment-1.2">MyCredentialStore<name>
          </security:credential-store-ref>

should work... see the testsuite/enterprise-testsuite/sec-tests for
an example I got to work when I made this change.  I tried to
- eliminate one useless layer of xml nesting
- use "-ref" so we can let you directly include the credential-store
xml in the future and let the builder figure out how to define the
credential store gbean for you (the proposed credential-store element
is not yet implemented)

thanks
david jencks

Re: Credential Store