Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ajoo123 <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/24 04:28:46 UTC

How to resolve this javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B error

Hi,
I just started learning Mavin and Hibernate. When I comiple I get this
exception: Below is the pom file
Question: Where is the local repository created? If I download this jar
where will I copy it?
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.MultipleArtifactsNotFoundException:
Missing:
----------
1) javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B

  Try downloading the file manually from:
      http://java.sun.com/products/jta

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.transaction -DartifactId=jta
-Dversion=1.0.1B -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=javax.transaction -DartifactId=jta
-Dversion=1.0.1B -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) com.mycompany.app:HibernateMavinProj:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.hibernate:hibernate:jar:3.2.6.ga
        3) javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.mycompany.app</groupId>
  <artifactId>HibernateMavinProj</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>HibernateMavinProj</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
  <build>
        <plugins>
           <plugin>
              <version>2.0.2</version>
              <configuration>
                  <source>1.5</source>
                  <target>1.5</target>
              </configuration>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
          <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
          <artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
          <version>3.2.6.ga</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
          <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
          <artifactId>hibernate-annotations</artifactId>
          <version>3.3.1.GA</version>
    </dependency>

  </dependencies>

</project>

Re: How to resolve this javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B error

Posted by kristian <m....@web.de>.
download the jar and use the following command and replace the
/path/to/file respectively, it will install it into the local
repository (which is usually $HOME/.m2/repository)

--
Kristian Meier + Saumya Sharma + Sanuka Meier
Vadakkethu House,

tel: +91 468 2319577

protect your privacy while searching the net: www.ixquick.com

             _=_
           q(-_-)p
            '_) (_`
            /__/  \
         _(<_   / )_
      (__\_\_|_/__)

Re: How to resolve this javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B error

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I just started learning Mavin and Hibernate. When I comiple I get this
> exception: Below is the pom file
> Question: Where is the local repository created? If I download this jar
> where will I copy it?

I know its asking a lot... but did you READ the message Maven printed
to your console before emailing it?? I think not.

Start at "Try downloading the file" and read the next 10 lines.

Wayne

Re: How to resolve this javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B error

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On 24 February 2010 11:25, rsaddey <rw...@saddey.net> wrote:

> stephenconnolly wrote:
> >
> > At the very least stick a repository manager in front and only allow
> > through
> > known good artifacts
> >
> > On 24 February 2010 11:07, Stephen Connolly
> > <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com
> >> wrote:
> >
> >> Nooooooo!!!
> >>
> >> Friends don't let friends use the java.net maven repositories.
> >>
> >> -Stephen

> org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.MultipleArtifactsNotFoundException:

> > [...]
> >

> Oops, I wasn't aware of java.net repos causing that much trouble and yes
> we
> have a Nexus and the java.net is at somewhere down end of public group.
>
> Thanks gain, I'll immediately remove my post...

Well they break a few of the cardinal rules of maven repositories:

1, They have artifacts with the same GAV coordinates as central and
different content (e.g. JAX-WS)
2. They have been known to delete artifacts and redeploy _the same version_
quite some time after the original was deployed
3. They mix -SNAPSHOT with releases so that the metadata can completely
screw up range resolution

There's more... but IMHO the above 3 should be reason enough not to use the
java.net repositories unless you have a strict repository manager with
filtering sitting in front of them.

-Stephen

Re: How to resolve this javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B error

Posted by rsaddey <rw...@saddey.net>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Nooooooo!!!