Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew NA <hy...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/22 01:22:04 UTC

[users@httpd] php files downloading on 2.0.54

OS: Windows XP
PC: Dell Dimension 2200; 1.8 GHZ P4; 768 RAM

Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade from Apache 1.3.33 to Apache 2.0.54. I heard its now stable and is the best version, so I decided to give it a try.

I installed Apache 2.0.54. The installer didn't mention anything about my previously installed version, I thought it might ask if I wanted to erase the old files and just use the new one, or upgrade or something, but it didn't so I just installed the seperate files. So now I have Apache 1.3.33 and Apache 2.0.54 installed.

I tried starting Apache 2.0.54, and it seems to be working ok. The only thing is, now my php files are opening like downloads! I click a link, and the box with would you like to open, save, cancel pops up. How do I get it back to loading like regular php files??

I have this php module loading in httpd.conf:

LoadModule php5_module c:/php/php5apache2.dll

Could that be old? It's from my php5 directory, though.

So what should I do?

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Re: [users@httpd] php files downloading on 2.0.54

Posted by Abu Hurayrah <ab...@almaghrib.org>.
Andrew,

What seems to be the case is that Apache is no longer recognizing .php
files as something that needs to be executed and handled by a module.
You're off to a good start with LoadModule, but you also have to have
the following line in your httpd.conf file somewhere:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

You can find more details on this page:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache2.php

Hope that helps!

[users@httpd] Re: php files downloading on 2.0.54

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.
> I tried starting Apache 2.0.54, and it seems to be working ok. The only
> thing is, now my php files are opening like downloads! I click a link, and
> the box with would you like to open, save, cancel pops up. How do I get it
> back to loading like regular php files??
>
> I have this php module loading in httpd.conf:
>
> LoadModule php5_module c:/php/php5apache2.dll

Did you add the relevant AddType lines? (See php documentation)

Joost

Re: [users@httpd] suexec: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 5/21/05, Dio Brando <di...@bmlabs.net> wrote:
> /usr/sbin/suexec: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6:
> failed to map
> segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory
>

> I found this error only if apache work on jailed envroiment, on root it work
> well without problem.

Well, I'm no chroot expert, but it seems pretty clear that your jail
doesn't have access to libm.so.6.  You need to put that in your jail.

Joshua.

[users@httpd] suexec: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6

Posted by Dio Brando <di...@bmlabs.net>.
OS: GNU/Linux RHEL 3.x
PC: Custom Intel P4 2GHz 1Gb Ram
APACHE: 2.0.46

Apache (redhat package) work jailed with php 5.0.4 on a RHEL 3.x. It get
error
500 if a php script was request from a client.

Error in error_log is:

/usr/sbin/suexec: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6:
failed to map
segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory

glibc-2.3.2-95.30

I found this error only if apache work on jailed envroiment, on root it work
well without problem.

With php 4.3.2 (redhat package) it work well also on jail.

I think that my jailed enviroment is not setup correctly, Can du someone
help me?

Thx and regards,

Dio Brando.