Posted to user@usergrid.apache.org by Aidan Thomson <ai...@zeta.net> on 2014/07/25 14:22:02 UTC

Deploying to local Tomcat & Cassandra

Hi,
  I have followed the deploy instructions found here:

http://usergrid.incubator.apache.org/docs/deploy-local/#login-to-the-usergrid-console-get-started

When it came to adding the usergrid-deployment.properties file to Tomcat I
added it to this directory:
/usr/share/tomcat7/lib

as per the instructions. It wouldnt pick up the
usergrid-deployment.properties and so the login could not be authenticated.
maybe I didnt put it in the correct directory?  I did find various posts
and a bug report about this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/USERGRID-126

To solve the above issue I actually added the necessary information in the:
usergrid-master/stack/config/src/main/resources/usergrid-default.properties

and re-ran the maven command to create the root.war file.

I then went to the URLS:
system/database/setup
and
system/superuser/setup

and they now worked with the correct login as added to the
usergrid-default.properties file.

Next it said to log in to the usergrid consolde and get started but the URL
points to:
http://apigee.github.io/usergrid-portal/?api_url=http://localhost:8080

which as usergrid is no longer on github fails to work.  Does anyone happen
to know what the URL should be to login to the usergrid console as I cannot
find it anywhere?

Regards,
     Aidan

Director

Zeta : Digital Agency

a:3 Winchester Place, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1NX
t: 01202 237 132
m: 07789 686 098
www.zeta.net
www.twitter.com/ZetaAgency

Re: Deploying to local Tomcat & Cassandra

Posted by ryan bridges <ry...@fasterness.com>.
The usergrid-deployment.properties file should go in the tomcat lib
directory. Where that is, exactly, depends on your OS and installation
method. Some linux distros will put it in /usr/share/tomcat(7?), some in
/var/lib/tomcat(7?), etc. In the majority of cases, the lib directory would
be under the same parent as the webapps directory where you placed the war
file. I believe Tomcat would need to be restarted for the app to pick up
those changes.

A lot of the documentation is in flux while things are being shifted to
Apache. In the meantime, you're welcome to use my test portal at
http://fasterness.com/usergrid/