Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jennifer Yip <je...@hotmail.com> on 2004/09/20 17:57:51 UTC

Authentication

Sorry guys - just came out of a long meeting on Security / Authentication
and the question raised was:

Is J2EE or JAAS container managed security better than that found in the
cocoon (portal) authentication framework?

Any help appreciated before this meeting continues in the morning

Regards
JENNY

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Re: Authentication

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Sorry this is late. I've been on vacation.

JAAS is just a framework, it doesn't actually do any authentication of its
own.  The "advantage" you get with JAAS is that it supposedly allows you to
integrate it with multiple applications.  In practice this isn't so easy.

I am using JAAS behind Cocoon's authentication framework, but I am not
using JAAS for authorization. I found that it didn't make a lot of
sense.  Frankly, after doing it I'm not sure the authentication part does
either.

Ralph

Re: Authentication

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.