Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by andredtrsa <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/04 13:53:43 UTC

NMS : Access MSMQ queues by format name instead of path name?

Hi

I am using NMS (latest source from Subversion) to provide me with a single
API for delivering messages to JMS  and MSMQ queues.

The MSMQ queues are all accessed through Active Directory Server using
public format names ("PUBLIC=someGuid" and no host to connect to).  Due to
constraints outside of my control, I am not allowed to use path names (host
+ queue name) to access the MSMQ queues.

Judging from the JMS-centric interface of NMS (as expected) and looking at
Apache.NMS.MSMQ specifically, it would appear to be impossible to access
MSMQ queues from NMS using format names instead of path names.  Using the
basic NMS example test to connect to MSMQ confirms this.

Am I missing something obvious here (NMS.MSMQ docs are non-existent) or
should I rather stick with standard .NET APIs for accessing MSMQ queues by
format name?