Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by ashfsd <ro...@rsmith.id.au> on 2017/02/06 00:48:26 UTC

build error on ubuntu with guacenc_jpeg_decoder

Hi All,

Just built a new Ubuntu VM to try and get guacamole up and running for use
with RDP. I'm following the guide at
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html and
have installed all of the requirements listed there (plus libtool which was
not listed as a requirement, but is), however when trying to run sudo make i
get the following error:

Making all in src/guacenc
make[2]: Entering directory
'/home/rowan/incubator-guacamole-server/src/guacenc'
  CC       guacenc-jpeg.o
jpeg.c: In function ‘guacenc_jpeg_decoder’:
*jpeg.c:94:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘jpeg_mem_src’
[-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]*
     jpeg_mem_src(&cinfo, data, length);
     ^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

This is after receiving a 'good to go' from the configure command:

guacamole-server version 0.9.11-incubating

   Library status:

     freerdp ............. yes
     pango ............... yes
     libavcodec .......... yes
     libavutil ........... yes
     libssh2 ............. yes
     libssl .............. yes
     libswscale .......... yes
     libtelnet ........... yes
     libVNCServer ........ no
     libvorbis ........... yes
     libpulse ............ yes
     libwebp ............. yes

   Protocol support:

      RDP ....... yes
      SSH ....... yes
      Telnet .... yes
      VNC ....... no

   Services / tools:

      guacd ...... yes
      guacenc .... yes

   Init scripts: /etc/init.d

Type "make" to compile guacamole-server.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am i missing some packages?

Thanks..

Re: build error on ubuntu with guacenc_jpeg_decoder

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE/

Re: build error on ubuntu with guacenc_jpeg_decoder

Posted by ashfsd <ro...@rsmith.id.au>.
Hey Mike,

Sure can, what is the URL for guacamole's Jira?

The spam issue would be because i have a hard fail SPF record (+DKIM +DMARC) that would be failing because Nabble is onforwarding the message

Cheers

Rowan

________________________________
Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 4:53 PM, ashfsd <ro...@rsmith.id.au> wrote:

> update:  Thought i would try installing the vnc support even though i won't
> be using it:
>
> sudo apt install libvncserver-dev
>
> *The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   libjpeg62-dev*

>   libgmp-dev libgmpxx4ldbl libgnutls-dev libgnutls28-dev libgnutlsxx28
> libidn11-dev libjpeg-dev libjpeg-turbo8-dev libjpeg8-dev libp11-kit-dev
> libtasn1-6-dev
>   libtasn1-doc libvncclient1 libvncserver-config libvncserver-dev
> libvncserver1 nettle-dev
>
> After allowing this to run through i redid configure and make, and it has
> passed through without error.

Would you mind opening an issue in JIRA for this? I'm glad you managed to
get things to work by installing a newer version of libjpeg, but Guacamole
is supposed to build against the older version.

Beware that your emails are being marked as spam, as least for me. Gmail
warns: "Why is this message in Spam? It has a from address in rsmith.id.au
but has failed rsmith.id.au's required tests for authentication." It seems
that the rsmith.id.au domain has associated checks for the "From" field