Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/06 02:47:57 UTC

HBase tunning

Do most people start out with default values and then tune HBase? Or are
there some important configuration parameter that should always be changed
on client and the server?

Re: HBase tunning

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.
Mohit

Getting the maximum performance out of HBase isn't just about tuning
the cluster. There are several other factors to take into account. The
two most important being:

1. Most important factor being the schema design

2. How you are using the APIs

Starting with the default configs is okay. Are you getting performance
or stability issues? If yes, start by knocking those out.

-Amandeep

PS: I have covered several tuning concepts in HBase In Action and
there is plenty information available in the online HBase manual and
Lars' book as well. Refer to those if you want to understand more
general concepts that are at play.

Re: HBase tunning

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.

Re: HBase tunning