Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by John Belmonte <jv...@prairienet.org> on 2003/02/26 01:24:02 UTC

Checksum error like David Oxley's

Hello,

I've got a checksum error similar to what David Oxley reported on 2003-Feb-6.
During an "svn update" this error comes up:

     svn: A checksum mismatch occurred
     svn: apply_window: checksum mismatch after applying text delta
     (server/scraps/.svn/tmp/text-base/pub_api.py.svn-base):
        expected checksum:  e81083d891fc8867676dd2a1cf055a84
        actual checksum:    65debc221b1af14627a522279792d7e4

Here are some hints:

     * I've verified that "actual checksum" matches the file, and on a fresh
checkout the file is fine, so the server's checksum is in question.

     * This particular file instance was created with an "svn mv", with client
and server 0.17.1.  I think the source of the mv was created with an earlier
version of subversion.  The checksum error persists in 0.18.

Our depot dump is only 75k compressed, however the contents are somewhat
personal to my organization.  I'd be willing to pass the data to an svn
developer, but ask that it not be made publically available (such as in the
issue tracking system, mailing list, etc.).

-John Belmonte

Re: Checksum error like David Oxley's

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
"Dave" <Da...@daveoxley.co.uk> writes:
> Has there been any headway made on this yet?

No, I'm sorry.  I do have the repository, and it's on my todo list,
but I've been busy with other work.

It might be that there's some other developer who can look at it right
away; if so, maybe that person could mail you and John, and John could
send them the same repository and reproduction recipe (since it can't
be posted to the list).

Otherwise, I'll get to it as soon as I can.

-Karl

Posted by Dave <Da...@daveoxley.co.uk>.
Has there been any headway made on this yet?

Cheers.
Dave

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.