Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/10 16:31:49 UTC

Using BSD licensed libraries in VXQuery

Hello,

I need to use the XML library XStream for marshaling and unmarshaling xml
because it is very easy to use and work with.
It is a BSD licensed project so, is it ok to use it in VXQuery?

Thank you very much
Menaka

--
*Menaka Madushanka Jayawardena*
Faculty of Engineering, <http://www.pdn.ac.lk/eng>

Re: Using BSD licensed libraries in VXQuery

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Menaka,

I think that legally there is no problem, however I think that there is
a design/architecture question. VXQuery is a relatively capable XML processor
and the question is why we need additional XML libraries.
It would be good to understand what XStream provides that is necessary and
why adding it is a good long term decision.
Could you give some insight on your considerations?

Thanks,
Till

Posted by Menaka Madushanka <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello,