Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Krzysztof Chmielewski <kr...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/27 10:53:47 UTC

Ignite Service and node failure

Hi Team,
I would like to ask about a preferable approach regarding the Service
acquiring via Ignite's Service Proxy and a node failure.

Lets assume we have a service deployed as a Cluster Singleton. Grid client
acquires the service instance via ignite.services().serviceProxy(...)

The questions are:
1. What would happen if between service fetching and service usage, node
that has this service deployed failed. Would this returned proxy be still
valid? Assuming that service reinitialized it self on another node in the
grid.

2. Should we always acquire new service proxy (call
gnite.services().serviceProxy(...)) when we want to call the service's
method or can we get it only once, keep the reference, and reusing it.

Thanks
Krzysztof

Re: Ignite Service and node failure

Posted by Krzysztof Chmielewski <kr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for a fast response :)

All is clear now.

Regards,

Posted by Alexey Kukushkin <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You do not need to always create a service proxy. You can get a proxy once
and it will always find a service even if the current node where the
service is deployed failed: the service would be re-deployed and the
service proxy would find it on the new node. That is true even if you
created a "sticky" service proxy.